• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master Centurion 5 case

Do you really need to add fans? No matter what fan you add, you add an increment of noise - that may not be needed.

If you're running running an A64 system, I'd wait and see if you really need more fans.
 
gud4u said:
Do you really need to add fans? No matter what fan you add, you add an increment of noise - that may not be needed.

If you're running running an A64 system, I'd wait and see if you really need more fans.
Well my cpu temperature right now is 40C, it used to be like 35C. I dont know whats the problem. Speedfan says its 41C and the motherboard says its 40C. Im using the stock heatsink.

There are wires all over my case and its really messy, maybe that is the problem?

also, I used to have the hard drive where the floppy went. So I took the hard drive out of that slot and put it where the hard drives should go. But the intake fan is right next to the hard drive now. Is this the reason for the slightly higher temperature? Is the hard drive blocking some air?

update: Speedfan is now reporting slightly different temperatures.

Temp 1: 35C
Temp 2: 39C
Temp 3: 32C
HD0: 36C
Temp 1: 22C

Are these acceptable temperatures?

thanks
 
Yeah, clean up the wires... that would help you a bit.

Also, in my centurion, I moved my hard drives to the top (with 5.25" brackets) so I get a good flow from the bottom front 80mm (Nexus 80mm) fan. I also added a Nexus to the side panel, and a Nexus 120mm to the back (I bought these before I knew about Yate loons :rolleyes: )

I'm thinking of adding another 120mm in front of my hard drives on the top, but I have to find a way to mount it... another project

edit: my case is pretty damn quiet with the cnps7000-cu, and im replacing my NB fan with a vf700cu mod... case temps is around 34, cpu speedfan reports at 29-30

DFI NF4 Cooling mod: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30629
 
digitalx0 said:
Yeah, clean up the wires... that would help you a bit.

Also, in my centurion, I moved my hard drives to the top (with 5.25" brackets) so I get a good flow from the bottom front 80mm (Nexus 80mm) fan. I also added a Nexus to the side panel, and a Nexus 120mm to the back (I bought these before I knew about Yate loons :rolleyes: )

I'm thinking of adding another 120mm in front of my hard drives on the top, but I have to find a way to mount it... another project

edit: my case is pretty damn quiet with the cnps7000-cu, and im replacing my NB fan with a vf700cu mod... case temps is around 34, cpu speedfan reports at 29-30

DFI NF4 Cooling mod: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30629
thanks a lot, that was really helpful :D

So I guess I too will move my hard drive up and away from the 80mm intake fan to get better airflow going inside the case. So a Yate Loon should be my top choice when I decide to get fans to replace the Cooler Master ones?

Also, the temperatures I listed in my earlier post, are they acceptable?

edit: I just checked Speefan temperatures again and this time the temperatures are:

Temp 1: 31C
Temp 2: 34C
Temp 3: 29C
HD0: 32C
Temp 1: 22C

They may be lower because its night time and its much cooler :D

Again, thank you very much and thanks to all for the help :p
 
espn2829 said:
thanks a lot, that was really helpful :D

So I guess I too will move my hard drive up and away from the 80mm intake fan to get better airflow going inside the case. So a Yate Loon should be my top choice when I decide to get fans to replace the Cooler Master ones?

Also, the temperatures I listed in my earlier post, are they acceptable?

edit: I just checked Speefan temperatures again and this time the temperatures are:

Temp 1: 31C
Temp 2: 34C
Temp 3: 29C
HD0: 32C
Temp 1: 22C

They may be lower because its night time and its much cooler :D

Again, thank you very much and thanks to all for the help :p

To me, those temperatures seem very reasonable. I would move your hard drives, add a side fan and see where they go. If they don't budge too much, there isnt much more you can do without modding the case (eg. blow hole) especially in the centurion..

Also, espn, check out this link. VERY good price for a 120mm yate loon: http://www.coolerguys.com/840556021537.html

_Korruption_ said:
WOW, fantastic link! Seeing the modded VF700-Cu on the hot nF4 chip really gives me ideas.

Yeah, that mod is amazing... he is getting 29-30c idle on his chipset, while I get ~45-48 idle... amazing AND PASSIVE! My vf700cu should be here Monday so I'll let you know how it goes when I get it on my chipset.
 
digitalx0 said:
Yeah, that mod is amazing... he is getting 29-30c idle on his chipset, while I get ~45-48 idle... amazing AND PASSIVE! My vf700cu should be here Monday so I'll let you know how it goes when I get it on my chipset.
Do take lots of pics!
 
Back
Top