Cooler Master 690 simple mod concept

Gimpy04

Limp Gawd
I'm building a new computer from my Brother-in-law who is in the Army and served in Afghanistan in the 82nd Airborne. I wanted to do something a little special to the case, other than just mod it with Red lights.

I'm using the Cooler Master RC-690 with the CM-690 side panel, and replacing all the fans with the Cooler Master Red LED 120mm fans. I'm also going to be using the Cooler Master RR-UV8-XBU1-GP and changing that fan to a Red LED fan as well.

Now, that's just the basics to change the color from Blue to Red, but about that extra something I wanted to add: I'm going to get the 82nd Airborne insignia etched into the acrylic side panel.

Please forgive the rough mockup, but this is what I'm going for:
AA%20red%20rc-690.jpg

I'll update with pics once it's assembled. :)

Gimpy04

Limp Gawd
So I've been slacking on uploading the pics, I've got the build complete, just awaiting the laser etch job's completion. I'll upload a few today, then come back tomorrow with more pics of the finished product.

the%20parts%201.jpg

the%20parts%202.jpg

build%2001.jpg

build%2002.jpg

build%2003.jpg

build%2004.jpg

build%2005.jpg

build%2006.jpg

build%2007.jpg

build%2008.jpg

The cable management system needed a little work from that picture, but I've gotten it to rest somewhat nicely in that back panel.

Last edited:

Mccaula718

Gawd
Nice build. The rear exhaust fan is actually being used as an intake though. The fan always blows towards the plastic X-like structure(back has no covering)

Gimpy04

Limp Gawd
Nice build. The rear exhaust fan is actually being used as an intake though. The fan always blows towards the plastic X-like structure(back has no covering)

Haha, yea I saw that just after I took all the pics, and had to laugh at myself. It's fixed now. Keen eye there :)

I get the etched panel today, so I'll take more pics and upload the completed build.