• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler for NV 9 Series 9600GT

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
4,521
What coolers are compatible with a 9600GT? I'm looking at specs and none really list the 9600GT or other 9 series cards.

I know some 9's are just rebadged 8 series but would coolers meant for the 8 series work on the rebadged 9 series?
 
An accelero S2 should work fine passively, there are others such as the zalman vf-900. Virtually every aftermarket cooler manufacturer website should list compatibility.

Though if you haven't tried the stock cooler already, I'd give it a shot. Unless the noise bothers you the 9600gt won't demand aftermarket cooling.
 
I noticed the AC supports it and states it online. Ahhhh! It states it on Zalman's page but not on Newegg. Thanks for the info on the Zalman site.

The 9600 is for someone else but the fan is really loud even on low. I was thinking the AC you mentioned but it might not fit in a Qpack 2.
 
Back
Top