• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler for i7 980X

Armpit

Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2002
Messages
557
I know it comes with a decent cooler, but I fear it may be a bit noisy at higher RPMs. What's the best cooler out there for socket 1366 CPUs, particularly this one?
 
Depends if you want to go Air or Water.

If I were buying a new air cooler today I would look at either the Cogage True Spirit ( it's damn close to the TRUE 120 performance wise and less expansive.) or the one I have, Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120 with a Scythe fan.

On water if I just wanted to cool the CPU I'd likely try the Corsair H50 first, it's reasonably priced and works pretty good from what I hear.
 
Highly encourage you read these two reviews:

- Titan Fenrir & Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus: Direct Touch Revisited
- Corsair Hydro H50 CPU Water Cooler

They also compare those HSF to other popular ones.

The Prolimatech Megahalems seems to be the one to get.

BTW, based on the review I would actually stay away from the Corsair H50.
I have the Megahalems and it seems to be a great cooler. Ocing currrently and temps are reasonable but not as good as I want and thus I want water. My temps idle from 28c to 35c usually.
 
Back
Top