Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Be a Man! Build your own PC.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Go back to WC if you want 24/7

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Baenwort

Limp Gawd
I've been searching the web and here,anandtech,oc.net, and a couple other sites and I haven't been able to find out much about this other then lots of people wish they could afford it. :) I'm building a E6600 next month when the DFI RD600 mb comes out and with a x1950 crossfire setup. This looks like the perfect extreme cooling for me but I can't find out any info about it.

I'm not just looking for performance but also 24/7 capability. I've built 13 WC setups so far and the most extreme that I've ever gone was a 96W TEC WC setup I built with my best friend on a Duron 600(we got 1.6GHz).

I've been thinking about going PC but want to start with a prebuilt and seeing how the GPU is the major limiter for performance I want to OC the max possible. I'm also going to be running DC so I'd like to have the 24/7 availability. Electrical bills aren't a problem as the US Navy is nice enough to pay my housing costs for me. ;)

I also have a indoor AC unit(the kind on wheels with exhaust hose) from a prior Apt. that didn't have central AC. It is only a 9,000 BTU unit but it was enough for the bed/server room. :) I've read it is easier to start from one of these then start from scratch.

Back