• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cooler Advice

Hawk88

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
69
I just bought a new motherboard and processor and looking for a new cooler. Here are my specs:

Thermaltake Chaser MK-I case
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 dimms)
Intel® Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K Processor


Note that I have all 4 dimm slots filled. I am looking for something that will fit in my case and will not block any memory slots. I had the original Thermaltake Frio in my original build and it does not work with LGA1155. Looks like the updated Frio is not as good as it used to be. I am not against sealed water coolers either as long as it will fit in my case. I have both 200mm fans on top of my case as well (it comes with one, I purchased another). What do you guys suggest? Thanks!!
 
I think for you, using a sealed water cooler would not be a bad idea. H70/H80 or similar coolers only take up one 120mm spot, and will provie you adequate cooling for your 3770. They all run close to each other, so I would just get the cheapest AIO water cooler you can find.
 
Any particular ones that would pair up nicely with my case and cpu choice? I was thinking the Corsair H60 or H80.
 
Yeah, I think I am going to go with that one. I guess I would put the radiator where the current fan is on the back of my case. This will be my first watercooled anything. Feel like a noob all over again.
 
Back
Top