Coolbits Malfunctioning.

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
okay, in the card in my sig I have tried and tried again to make Coolbits work correctly and I just can't get it to work. When I overclock it, it is totally stable and never get any problems in games/ forever testing from 3dmark. However, the problems begin on the reboot. The memory overclock NEVER stays, it will always revert back to stock, while the core speed stays OCed. So, I figured I'm done futzing around with it I'll just leave it at stock speeds.

Well, not to my suprise, malfunction AGAIN. I can't de-clock the core back to stock, I can hit reset to defaults, hit apply after every setting, click "no overclocking", no matter what startup setting I put in and to no avail, it stays overclocked.

It has done this in every driver version I can remember. Can anyone help me here? All I want is to put it back at stock speeds at this point!

mgitht be the msconfig statrt up nvidia files, . I think its called nvcpl, anyways if you havent tried after you return back to stock speeds and hit apply. Go to start>run> then type msconfig , look at the tab ont the far right will say start up or something. The ones that load at boot . Almost betting thats the culprit.

If that doesnt work just , delete yer driver and install clean , do a seacr in regedit for coolbits and remove all strings found. Reinstall yer driver and that will do it for sure.

Let us know .

Lates

i used to have the same problem.. finally i just gave up...

btw, overclocking a 5200 ?

I was having similar problems with Coolbits. Just download Rivatuner and use that. Problem solved.

Verge said:
i used to have the same problem.. finally i just gave up...

btw, overclocking a 5200 ?

Hey man, frames are frames right? Heh, I'd milk that sucker for all it's worth too!

If that doesnt work just , delete yer driver and install clean , do a seacr in regedit for coolbits and remove all strings found. Reinstall yer driver and that will do it for sure.
Thats not going to do it, I just reformatted my machine like 3 weeks ago so this is probably the cleanest driver install it can be.

yes, overclocking a 5200, it gets over 100mhz OC on the memory and an 80mhz core boost, so yea.

mgitht be the msconfig statrt up nvidia files, . I think its called nvcpl, anyways if you havent tried after you return back to stock speeds and hit apply. Go to start>run> then type msconfig , look at the tab ont the far right will say start up or something. The ones that load at boot . Almost betting thats the culprit.
Really, I always thought that nvcpl was one the important ones that you weren't supposed to disable. I don't normally like to disable things in msconfig because of stability issues, but I'll give it a shot.

I could try rivatuner, I remember using it before and something was screwy with it too. Don't remember exactly what.

Yea i made some typos , you do want the Nvcpl on at boot.Was latenight when i posted that hehe.

I dont know what to tell you except that from reading about coolbits 2.0 if you reinstall your driver(not coolbits), you should be at stock again atleast i was.

lates...

okay, so a while ago I tried the process thing and obviously as we now know that doesn't work. So I went ahead iwth rivatuner again to see if that would work and from what I can tell it is keeping the memory OC at 440, and the core obviously is staying at 300.

So far so good, rivatuner isn't specifically compatable with 61.77 but it worked anyway.

If anything else goes wrong I'll be sure to post back.

Back