Cool two 7970 in a haf x

the_real_7

[H]ard|Gawd
Guy im banging my head trying to find a current way of cooling my two 7970 , i have my cpu in single loop with a XSPC RX360 and FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Dual Bay Reservoir Swiftech MCP655 Series Pump , running at 4.8 , would my loop be able to handle everything are should a get a separate cooler for the cpu like a kuhler 920 , i dont have room to add anything more than a 120 rad to the back fan hole , and i dont have room to add a 240 rad in back either

Well... that really all depends on what your temps are at now @ 4.8? What voltage? The XSPC RX360 is a HUGE radiator, but may not be enough to handle the heat from 3 blocks, especially with a 2700k thats highly overclocked, and probably somewhere near 70*c at load as it is.

If you want to add your GPUs to your loop, a 120mm added to the back fan hole would be required, and again may not get your temps where you would like them. The HAF X is unforrtunate that it has so much room, but poorly managed... and what I mean about that is Coolermaster doesnt allow you the ability to remove the drive cages etc... If they did, you could have added a 240mm to where the front 200mm fan is and call it a day.

If you arent afraid to modify your case, and have room to mount your HDDs in the 5.25" bays, then remove the cage and mount a rad up front.

thanks JLangevin for the response . . yes i was figuring the same im at 70 c on load . . . and yes the haf x wasn't built for many rads but i was thinking if i could put my 2700k on a single rad if it would of worked but doesn't look like it will . . . I have no room in my hdd rack cause i use 5 drives :rolleyes: thanks man though guess the cards will stay air cooled

p1020269.jpg

??

Yes, he CAN drill out the rivets and put something in the bottom, however he already stated that he has 5 HDDs and cant do that... so whats this pic for?

Back