Cool TF2 skill movie

Had to come back and post.....took awhile to download. But it was a really neat video to watch. You have to wonder how many of those weird kills he got other people get all the time without realizing it since they never use the playback feature. I personally have never watched a recorded game, not even sure how to.

Had to come back and post.....took awhile to download. But it was a really neat video to watch. You have to wonder how many of those weird kills he got other people get all the time without realizing it since they never use the playback feature. I personally have never watched a recorded game, not even sure how to.

Haha, I don't think double and triple air pipes happen to most people that often, especially in match conditions :p

But yeah, you can record demos of you playing by typing "record <demoname>" in console, then you play them back with "playdemo <demoname>". There is another method of playing them back that gives you fast forward/reverse controls, but I can't remember what it is in the Source engine. Anyways, you use a separate program to create movie files and then you put them all together with some video editing program.

I did this a while back and made a CS 1.6 movie. It's fun, but time consuming.

Excellent video. Nice editing & music too.

That's some crazy sticky action there. Rightfully so... proof that good demomen are maestros of frustration. Basically, a soldier who can explode a rocket anytime they want (and more of them before a reload to boot).

I was half expecting the typical sticky art on the wall while sitting in a lawnchair routine. Most demomen on pubs either a) sit behind their wall of stickies or b) contribute to the spam (when there's enough spam going on already). It's rare to hook up with a really good offensive demoman player these days on pubs.

I was half expecting the typical sticky art on the wall while sitting in a lawnchair routine. Most demomen on pubs either a) sit behind their wall of stickies or b) contribute to the spam (when there's enough spam going on already). It's rare to hook up with a really good offensive demoman player these days on pubs.

That's why I generally don't like playing pubs.. for any game really. I can't play them in CS, and now TF2 is becoming that way. Plus I'm competitive in nature, so team format playing always turns me on.

That's some pretty good video editing work.

Good Demoman too.

i'd watch but i don't feel like downloading it right now.

have been a fan of demoman since 20id's kb, who probably doesnt play anymore. he was the bomb.

Cool video, did notice that there is no engie in that vid. And only one spy and one snoper Seems unlikely, even in a clan server, unless some classes had been disabled.

it works for anything running on the source engine.

type "record name" in console when your in a game, it will start recording to a .demo file, which is way smaller than an avi because it doesn't record pixels, it records movements. The engine recreats everything when you ask it to, by opening up console and typing "play name". Theres a nice little UI app you can download from steam if you want it.

considering the topic is cool TF2 skill movie, here is one of high end sniper play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc

The guy in that video has clearly played CSS or 1.6 before.

I say with no ego I've pulled shots off that are just as impressive as that. Never gotten 2 scouts back to back, but it is pretty awesome when you do. You get all sorts of rage quits.If you recorded every single one of my pub streaks (every single one) I dont think you'd have enough content to make a movie like that.

To the OP, thats impressive, especially since he's doing it against people who arnt pubbers.

Cool video, did notice that there is no engie in that vid. And only one spy and one snoper Seems unlikely, even in a clan server, unless some classes had been disabled.

Those classes usually aren't used in match play. It's usually 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, a demo, and a medic for 6v6. Every once and a while on certain maps you might replace one of the scouts with a sniper. I've also seen a spy, but that's not very often. Spy is hard to pull off in 6v6.

Back