Cool physics demos...

These are really cool demos... I am spending a lot of time messing with them. Ahhhh the simple pleasures in life.

Yeah these are sweet. I saw it on the frontpage and just glanced over the meqon homepage, didn't actually read that they were interactive demos. Very cool, I especiallu like the "liquid surface" and "cloth" demos, all of them are a great timekiller though, looks like a pretty good engine as well.

whats funny is that DNF just bought this engine recently... shows they are almost done with the game :mad:

The cloth demo is neat.

I wish more games would use that type of physics for the characters clothing.

so far, neverwinter nights is one of the few games i know of that used physics on clothing and things like that.

Just wish more would do it, imagine a game with physics based cloaks / capes and other neat things.

d34dly said:
Don't start thread crapping... there is another thread for this. Thanks... I like my threads clean. :D

1. that's not thread crapping.
2. your sig is too long. 10 lines @800x600 max. You're at 12 lines @ 1280x800

Hole shit I am about to fly off the handle. why was that necessary? God the forums are turning to crap. No one can post without someone jumping down their throat for the littlest stuff.

HOW IN HELL DID THAT AFFECT YOU? answer: IT DIDN'T.

So why post. Just move on man geez.

d34dly said:
Hole shit I am about to fly off the handle. why was that necessary? God the forums are turning to crap. No one can post without someone jumping down their throat for the littlest stuff.

HOW IN HELL DID THAT AFFECT YOU? answer: IT DIDN'T.

So why post. Just move on man geez.

Well I'm glad I didn't say it, even though I was about to say pretty much the same thing. That insult wasn't necessary at all, geesh.:rolleyes: The demo is indeed awesome, just as Circuitbreaker8 stated. Yikes!

Haha... I bed websites hate the [H]. Good publicity, but it ruins their publicity.

lemme see if I've got my old copy to host up.

you all rape my bandwidth and I'll kill ya!

How about the first guy in the Walk demo where the bar clocks him in the face... water was about to get sprayed all over the computer. That is the best one by far. The only problem wit the cloth demo is that you can throw the blocks through the cloth if you throw hard enough, and eventually you run out of blocks.

Definetly download.... quick download time on cable (few seconds?) no install.

Looks very good but I think there are many comprables out there. Some of the demos these guys show use tons of objects which makes it look really impressive but I am sure the others could do the same if they were set with huge object models.

Staples said:
Looks very good but I think there are many comprables out there. Some of the demos these guys show use tons of objects which makes it look really impressive but I am sure the others could do the same if they were set with huge object models.

Well I am sure they could. But you can play with these. That's all I care about.

What´s said about this particular physics engine is that it´s not very cpu heavy so thus they can have all this stuff flying around :). 3DR says they choose it because of how fast it was :) I mean look at Doom 3 extremely poor physics probably because the rest of the game engine is so CPU intensive only reason I can get why they went with physics from the 90´s

oqvist said:
I mean look at Doom 3 extremely poor physics probably because the rest of the game engine is so CPU intensive only reason I can get why they went with physics from the 90´s

I don't really want to turn this into a Doom 3 thread or whatever, but I don't follow on the poor physics thing in Doom 3. I really didn't see any differences in it than anything I have seen anywhere else(HL2 videos, etc.). They just didn't give you the ability to interact with the physics as much some other games(HL2, etc.) did. I did not see anything wrong with the physics personall, they had ragdoll physics, items such as barrels etc., reacted smoothly to interaction in my opinion, when there were instances of bodies being picked up by an invisibile force they looked to move naturally(ragdoll physics), when I wanted to throw a grenade at an enemy behind a wall I was able to pretty accurately bounce it off one wall or object and have it land on or near the enemy, as well as many other instances when physics came into play. It really didn't look that much different than any of the other demos i have seen boasting their physics. That's just me though. However the limitation in interaction with the physics, could be due to the rest of the environment being fairly CPU intensice as you stated. Which makes an engine like this great that it doesn't stress the CPU as intensively as otehrs may. Looks to be a good engine, at least DNF has one thing good going for it so far.:D

Back