Cool Master V8

Sepe

n00b
he comprado nuevo cool master V8. ¿Es suficiente con Core i7 980X @4 GHZ? Gracias.
----------------------------------------------------
I bought new Cooler Master V8. Is it sufficient for Core i7 980X @ 4 GHZ? Thank you.

mm.. probably for every day use.. stress testing it might be close. but it also depends on your ambient temp.

I'd say barely/not really if you plan on having a 100% load on all threads a lot. I'm using a V8 on my 920 (in sig) @ 3.9 GHz right now and temps stay around 80°C-85°C at 100% load. I'm a big folder, so everything in my rig stays at full load 24/7. My ambient temps in my basement (where it's at) are around 80°F-85°F because my 3x GTX 285s are dumping a lot of heat into the small area all the time. I've tried re-applying thermal paste 4 times with different methods to try and get temps down too. I'm in the process of finding an H50 or H70 to replace it with right now. I would recommend the same (or some sort of WC setup) for a 980X @ 4 GHz+.

Though I did have another i7 920 C0 stepping before my current D0 and it kept it at 70°C-75°C at full load. I thought it was odd my D0 ran considerably hotter. Not sure what to speculate about that.

Back