converting movie files so that they work on home dvd players

compslckr

[H]F Junkie
Alright i have a bunch of movies on my computer, mostly ones from my video camera and stuff like that and i would like to be able to share them with family or who ever else on a tv with a regular dvd player so they dont all have to crowd around my laptop which does not have s-video out.

is there any software out there that lets me do this, it would be really nice if i could have a menu of some sort so i can put a few home movies on one disk, but that is not necessary, basically i just want home movies on a dvd that i can watch on my standalone dvd player

it depends.. what format are they in... if its mpeg just use nero to create a VCD and your done

i will try that, can i just hit make vcd/svcd and drag a bunch of movie on there and pop a blank dvd in and hit burn.

i can only do vcd/svcd under the "cd" mode, in dvd mode i only see "make dvd video", and when i click that i get a prompt that wants me to put the .vob files in insted of the mpeg files.

Since we are talking Nero, the actual App is Nerovision Express. It gives you basic DVD authoring and video import/edit. It then uses Nero to burn your new DVD. Nerovision express comes with the Nero Suite.

Back