converting MAC files to PC?

xappie

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all

I have received several MAC files via email to my Windows based PC, and I have now been given the task of "finding a way to open them."

From my initial research, it looks like since I received the files through email, they are already in an unusable format to me. Seems I need these files on a MAC cdrom or usb key or other removable drive that will be in the HFS format. From there, I can use "macdrive" or other similar software to copy the files from the drive to my PC.

Do I have this right? Does anyone know of any other way to get these files opened from email on PC? If it matters, the files are adobe photoshop and illustrator files. (I have PS and illustrator installed.)

thanks in advance

I might be going to far into the simplisitc realm, but if you know the file type, and you have the Adobe products installed, you should just be able to add the appriopriate file extension to each file, and then open them as windows files in the Adobe products.

Just add the extension and open them (after copying them out of the email).

(It's also just "Mac". MAC means something else entirely.)

I might be going to far into the simplisitc realm, but if you know the file type, and you have the Adobe products installed, you should just be able to add the appriopriate file extension to each file, and then open them as windows files in the Adobe products.

I tried that, and it didn't work. But that is because it turns out these files are Quark files, and we were expecting Illustrator files. DOH!

Yeah that would help actually.

But it's ok now - we have sorted it out and our mag ad is on its way to the printers now.

Thanks for everyones help.

Back