Converting dvd files

darknite

Gawd
Whats the best program to backup my dvds to say divx or avi. Without a bunch of bs.
I try the divx converter from divx but dont really like it.
I got alot to backup and dump to laptop. Want good quality.
Thanks

Got Nero? If so then you can try Nero Record, it's pretty good if you want to encode them into H264. Other then that get AutoGK.

I haven't done this in a really long time, but back when I did I used AutoGK and it worked well. FairUse Wizard seems to be a popular program for the task as well.

Check this site out for guides on various tools:
http://www.videohelp.com

so i was just about to post for a program like this. I am about an hour before it finishes. I left the quality at 100% and looks like it will go from 7 gigs to 4~. Does that seem right? What is better dvix or xvid? Also i was using dvdfab to rip them fist, looks like i can just use autoGK for a movie.Right? I think i will still use dvdfab to rip them and then GK at night since it take like 5 mins to rip it and a hour to encode.

Oh and i tried Handbrake 2.23 but it didn't seem to do it right would h264 be even better?

What is better dvix or xvid?

I personally use XviD mainly because it's open-source. When I used AutoGK is resulted in nice quality videos too.

Back