Converting CD's to MP3's

RyBoy

Weaksauce
Hello, simple question here. I have never converted any of my cd's to mp3's and want to make sure I do it right (the first time, lol). So, what program do you guys recommend i use and any advice would be great. :D

If you want to do it right the first time, you really should rip to FLAC. Screw lossy algorythms =]

BO(V)BZ said:
If you want to do it right the first time, you really should rip to FLAC. Screw lossy algorythms =]
And screw HDD space too!
:p

I kid, I kid!

WMP10 is pretty damn easy to use to rip with. I don't know about the quality, 320kbps sounds fine to me with it ( you can specify others).

ambientZ said:
WMP10 is pretty damn easy to use to rip with. I don't know about the quality, 320kbps sounds fine to me with it ( you can specify others).
wimp10 is fine if you never plan on formatting or sharing your music between mutliple computers:p

You don't have to rip to wma if you use Windows Media Player. I use it to rip mp3s because it's a nice all in one package that does the tagging for me.

The goods:
http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak877.aspx

What to do:

1. Install MP3 creation pack
2. install emablemp3.reg
3. install hqwmp8.reg
4. open Windows media player|Tools|Options
5. click on the copy music tab
6. change the copy settings format to MP3
7. select desired encode quality on slider at bottom.
8. click apply, then close.

TechHead said:
And screw HDD space too!
:p

I kid, I kid!

Eh =]

In a time when 200gig drives cost all of 60$ on sale, I don't see it being a problem any more.

BO(V)BZ said:
Eh =]

In a time when 200gig drives cost all of 60$ on sale, I don't see it being a problem any more.
I know :(.. you don't know how lucky you Americans have it. Here, a 160GB HDD still costs about 80-90$ American..

Ouch, that's no fun at all. Never bothered to think what pricese would be like in different countries...if it makes you feel any better, I ordered some stuff form a place in the UK, and the exchange rate totally raped me..at that time, 1 pound was about 1.95$ US, so I paid about double what the total came out to =[

Thread crap---->

Reply to thread crap---->
And screw HDD space too!

Reply to reply of thread crap----->

Off topic reply to reply of reply to thread crap. ----->
you don't know how lucky you Americans have it. Here, a 160GB HDD still costs about 80-90$ American..

Even more off topic stuff that has nothing to do with Converting CD's to MP3's ------------>
Ouch, that's no fun at all. Never bothered to think what pricese would be like in different countries...if it makes you feel any better, I ordered some stuff form a place in the UK, and the exchange rate totally raped me..at that time, 1 pound was about 1.95$ US, so I paid about double what the total came out to =[

Very nice example of why thread crapping is against the forum rules.
Would you mind restricting any further comments to the topic at hand?
(that is a rhetorical question..... please don't reply to it)

This might be another thread crap but use the search this question gets asked every 2 weeks or so. The most common answer always being use EAC->FLAC for best quality and EAC->LAME if you don't have the hd space.

Back