• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Convert WMA to MP3 FAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

malor

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
271
What is the fastest way to convert WMA files into MP3. It is soooo tedious doing it in real time. Any Suggestions? Thanks.
 
Mister X is correct. Unless it's absolutely necessary to convert (maybe because your MP3 player doesn't support WMA) then I'd use dBpowerAMP to convert them. Be warned though, converting a lossy file into another lossy file format is gonna make the files sound like crap.
 
You can always convert the wma to OGG. better then mp3 from what i hear anyways.
 
.ogg isn't compatible at all, unless of course you're using an all around format player like Win Amp, or VLC.
 
Ogg Vorbis might be 'better,' but you're not going to gain any quality encoding from a lossy source. Unless you absolutely must have MP3 files, leave it in WMA format. If you do convert it, speed should be the least of your concerns.
 
GodsMadClown said:
I think this qualifies as a FAQ. Does anyone disagree?
yeah..

I think it qualifies as a FADQ

Frequently Asked DUMB question.
 
Laforge said:
I think it qualifies as a FADQ

I'll agree with that.. but it's amazing how many people want to transcode things when any player worth its salt can play WMA, Ogg, etc without any trouble.
 
If you've ever listened to the results on a decent rig, then you'll know that he's doing you a favor. Sometimes, you have to be cruel to be kind... Also this question comes up quite frequently. He's likely tired of it.
 
malor said:
What is the fastest way to convert WMA files into MP3. It is soooo tedious doing it in real time. Any Suggestions? Thanks.

Yup it's tedious. I convert my mp3s to wma so I can jam 100+ tracks into my 256mb Iriver when I'm on the go. Takes a few short minutes. The sound quality isn't crap. It's just fine. When I'm at home sitting in front of my computer or stereo, I listen to higher quality. - but i'm usually commuting in downtown, so it makes no difference.
 
vamp said:
Yup it's tedious. I convert my mp3s to wma so I can jam 100+ tracks into my 256mb Iriver when I'm on the go. Takes a few short minutes. The sound quality isn't crap. It's just fine. When I'm at home sitting in front of my computer or stereo, I listen to higher quality. - but i'm usually commuting in downtown, so it makes no difference.


And see me... I just rip all my stuff twice :)

320KBps mp3
64Kbps wma

My jogging audio player doesn't need highbitrate sound, since I use cheapy koss headphones with it.

My ZenXtra 40GB stores about 1/3 of my mp3 collection

The other thing I like is that my entire WMA collection is about 20gb
but in MP3 format it's over 120GB

:)
 
vamp said:
Yup it's tedious. I convert my mp3s to wma so I can jam 100+ tracks into my 256mb Iriver when I'm on the go. Takes a few short minutes. The sound quality isn't crap. It's just fine. When I'm at home sitting in front of my computer or stereo, I listen to higher quality. - but i'm usually commuting in downtown, so it makes no difference.


I do believe he also said WMA -> MP3

not MP3 -> WMA (yes, I know it works the same way)

But the point of the REPLIES to this thread is you shouldn't do it.

If anything, rip your stuff twice.. like me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top