Convert Molex?

poison123

Limp Gawd
Anyone know how I can(or even if I can) convert a molex connection to a standard wall plug type? I'm throwing my WC into a seperate box and I won't want my cooling fan to have to suck power out of my case.

Don't think that'll fly. If I'm reading you corectly, you want a cable that plugs into the wall on one end, and into your fan on the other? The problem is that your wall outlet supplies 120 volts of AC power and your water cooling rig needs 12 volts of DC. You could do it with radio shack parts if you really felt like it, but you'd basically just be building a power supply.

There are a couple ways you can accomplish this. First is to get a 12 volt wallwart power supply(available at radio shack and many other places), which converts 120VAC wall power to 12 volts DC. Another way is to just get a 120VAC fan, which is powered directly from wall power. In any case, you cannot simply plug your existing fan into a wall socket.

Was thinking thats what I'd have to do, but checking with you guys seems to save time and money :)

Back