Convert Images to .exe?

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
Is it possible to convert CD and DVD images to .exe files? Just a thought. I'm considering backing up a bunch of stuff from CDs with DVDs, or is it possible to burn multiple images to a DVD and still be able to install each?

short answer: no

your best bet is to put the cd images on the dvd, then mount them later on when you want to install from them. It's the simplest solution and the wisest.

GJSNeptune said:
Is it possible to convert CD and DVD images to .exe files?
You could covert an image file to a self extracting rar file. Then it's an exe. Although that doesn't do what you want to do.

I use a program called Pictures to EXE. It's really just for making slideshows, you can add music to it also. It sounds like you are looking more for a way to back them up though.

yes. Burn the bunch of iso's onto a data dvd. Then when you want to install, mount the iso's that are on the DVD.

GJSNeptune said:
As in burn them as a Data DVD?

Puterguru said:
I use a program called Pictures to EXE. It's really just for making slideshows, you can add music to it also. It sounds like you are looking more for a way to back them up though.
Heh, I didn't mean pictures. I meant disc images.

What are the disc images of? Perhaps you could categorize you backup discs, and there may be different solutions for each type.

I am doing just that. Some images are big enough to be burned onto a DVD as an image, and smaller stuff will be burned as data organized in folders.

I just burn them onto data DVD's or put them on an external USB drive and mount them when I need to install them.

Back