• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Controlling fan on HP Compaq

Gronich13

n00b
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
22
I have a HP Compaq nx9005 with an AMD Athlon running between 1.8Ghz and 532Mhz. I am using RMClock to control the PowerNow! function and lock it at 532Mhz (Enough for browsing, using Word and Excel etc.) and have reduced the voltage to 1.05v, without any stability problems, which ensures the temperatures go up slower. When it hits 52oC the fan comes on and goes off when it hits 45oC.

Are there any utilies which I can use to stop the fan coming on until say 60oC - I think the temp. will stabilise at around 55oC without the fan coming on - ?
 
Back
Top