Controller Card for SATA?

Misfitted_Mecha

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
141
Hey, I am interested in buying a SATA hdd, but my motherboard doesnt have onboard SATA support. Is there a PCI card I can buy for relatively low price so I can use the SATA hdd? I dont plan on a RAID, just for one hard drive, maybe another in the future. Thanks
 
TigerDirect is a good computer retailer website that deals with a ton of computer parts, and I remember seeing a lot of controller card choices too!
 
Doesn't really matter too much what card you use.


I'd probably not get an SATA drive if I didn't have an onboard SATA controller tho... They're more expensive and, at present (with the exception of a few drives like the Raptors) provide no performance bennefit over PATA drives.
 
thanks for the information, i think i might just stay with IDE and get more storage instead. Theres an ad for a 200gb WD drive for 99 bucks i might just spring for.
 
Back
Top