• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

control panel + aspect ratio

JyuOH

n00b
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
54
Ok so I just got a geforce 7600GS and a new widescreen monitor. I'm trying to figure out this aspect ratio thing and I have no idea what i'm doing. Anyone out there can give me a link explaining how to use this fixed aspect ratio stuff so I can play my games with black bars ?
 
I don't think the new drivers from nvidia save your aspect ratio settings. a bit of a bitch.
 
lol i don't even know how to get to the settings, I've been all through this control panel and I still don't see a damn thing that says aspect ratio on it. :eek:
 
is it the new 97.92 drivers? if this is the case, you can change them all you want, but it won't save your settings. talk about lame

control panel (advanced view) > display > change flat panel scaling

then choose what you want and it will do that. theorhetically.
 
what would be the best drivers to use for the aspect ratio setting?
 
I got the 97.92's running a 8800gts and the scaler works perfectly for me. My x1800 would stretch Warcraft 3 regardless of the CCC settings, this one keeps it in 4:3. I forgot where I found the setting though, it took me a day to find it, pretty buried.
 
thanks guys i figured it out, I dumped my drivers and got official ones from website. 93.XX and the aspect ratio is working perfectly.
 
Back
Top