• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

control fan speed in crossfire ?

nightwalker

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
2,555
im a bit worried about seeing all these 4850's overheating.. is there a fan fix to do that will control both cards ?
 
i havent seen any 4850's overheat...

There is the profile trick which you can use to change the fan speed.
 
tried it out and when vista loads it BSOD's when crossfire is enabled if you change the fan speed, guess i'll have to wait for new drivers lol.
 
4850 overheating? I've heard of people complaining they're too hot, nothing about them overheating.
 
I run4850CF and my machine doesn't BSOD on reboot. I have custom 3d profiles setup using different levels of AA, AF and fan speeds and it all works fine. I do get unpredictable behavior when playing games at low fan speeds though so there is a heat issue with these cards. As long as I run my fans at 40% or higher when gaming I am 99% stable but at default fan speeds I get random crashes out of the blue. I would have most likely taken the 4850's back for a refund had the ability to control fan speeds through the xml files not been discovered. My cards both hit 100C+ when gaming under default fan speeds and they are usually not happy at those temps. I have a very large case and I leave my side panel off as well.
 
Back
Top