Continue a torrent on a new install?

Astrogiblet

[H]ard|Gawd
Heres what my problem is..

I'm currently downloading a 26 gig file with utorrent. Its been about a week or so, and I'm at 55%. However, I need to reformat my PC for what I'm doing.. Probably tonight... Which means I wont have time to finish the torrent.

Is there a way I can backup my utorrent, backup the file(s) I'm torrenting, and then when I reinstall have it all continue from the 55%? I really dont want to have to re-download it all...

Back up the directory where the torrent is downloading to, you don't need the .torrent file even, but it would be more convenient to have it so you don't have to go looking for it.

After you reinstall, copy the data wherever you want, load that torrent into the client, and point it to save the downloaded data to where ever the incomplete files are. After a hash check of the data, it should continue from where you left off.

Just be sure to still keep a copy of the unfinished torrent, don't want the client to just start over and you have nothing to go by. :eek:

as long as you have the torrent file and the data file, you can do whatever you want with them and keep up the download. just make sure to point your torrent program at the data file.

Astrogiblet said:
Heres what my problem is..

I'm currently downloading a 26 gig file with utorrent. Its been about a week or so, and I'm at 55%. However, I need to reformat my PC for what I'm doing.. Probably tonight... Which means I wont have time to finish the torrent.

Is there a way I can backup my utorrent, backup the file(s) I'm torrenting, and then when I reinstall have it all continue from the 55%? I really dont want to have to re-download it all...

i want to kno wat file that is?

I know how you feel - 28GB worth of TopGear on my external drive

Back