Content management systems.. need advice

flexible platform... to design (look and feel) anyway you can. I already have a site using the YII framework. But the only developer/designer that i trust and can easily afford essentially only wants to use drupal for projects of this size. The YII framework seems to have an impressive admin ui (CMS - backend), but the developer I originally used has left our project....

flexible platform... to design (look and feel) anyway you can. I already have a site using the YII framework. But the only developer/designer that i trust and can easily afford essentially only wants to use drupal for projects of this size. The YII framework seems to have an impressive admin ui (CMS - backend), but the developer I originally used has left our project....
The requirement of a "flexible framework" is a subjective analysis, and seems to be a ya/nay decision that you are only taking from others. I think your first steps are really technology-agnostic, and I'm basing this off of an existing implementation based on one technology choice and without knowing the full extent of what was done with YII. What has been presented thus far is that you have a dev that may be familiar in only one of the two choices you've presented.

Have your new dev detail out a few reasons why there should be a change, task/time estimates for development in Drupal, and task/time estimates for moving existing content over to the new site. Starting off with these conversations may yield better ideas on where/how to grow, regardless of the backend system.

Back