Contect/Client Management Software

Klaerth

Weaksauce
I'm attempting to help my parents find a suitable bit of software for their business needs, and, well, I'm fond of coming here when I have such questions to ask. =>

They run a small fund raising company/distributorship of sorts, and are looking for something that has somewhat editable fields. It needn't be something overly complex or anything like that, just something that allows them to store a contact name, organization name, phone number, contact type(school/church/etc.), and similar basic things.

I was curious if anyone might have any suggestions for such! Open-source/freeware'd be preferred, but they're quite willing to pay for the software if need be. It would likewise be preferred if it can be run on a Mac, but that isn't entirely necessary, for there are windows machines about the home as well.

ACT is the simplist way to go, works well out of the box.

If you use ACT 2009, make sure to have more than 2 GB of RAM

What about Microsoft Access? You could build them a nice form to use for data entry, and set up just about any kind of query they want. Best of all, you'd only need to back up one file for them.

Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/contactmanager/FX101674171033.aspx

Since you mentioned a fund raising company, are they a non-profit org? Or fall under eductional or church? If so, they may be able to quality at www.techsoup.org
And get software for dirt cheap. Example..Microsoft donates heavily to it, you can get Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 for about 30 bucks instead of 500ish. Or Small Business Server 2008 for a hundred 'n change, versus a thousand.

Act! is widely know, but honestly now very well liked.

Clientele is another one,
Maximizer another fairly popular one..but more large scale.

Google "contact software" and "crm software"...tons of hits....you'll be able to pluck some open sourced ones out of the results too.

Back