Guys,
I just had an IDEA!!!!
BIG question.
I've got a local radio station that serves the 18-34 year old market and thay are number 1 in my area. They have a killer morning show and are really big on community involvement type things. They are always doing the blood drives and a bunch of other things.
What I'd like to know is if it would be alright to contact them and ask them to get the word out about Folding@Home. About how it's a great way to contribute and that for most people it can be put on autopilot. All the things that the research can be applied to. The fact that we all do this and the only thing in it for us is bragging rights when we do well and support when we don't. Maybe we can get them to ask for old computer part donations on air. And to put the links and software on their website. They've got a group of super-loyal listeners that they call "P-1's". (P-1 Frank, etc) which they get involved in ALL of their community support stuff.
What would be really great is if I could get them to host a borg script for user name "rodsfree".
So - What do you all think?
Would it be worth a shot? And could I get some assistance if they start getting computer part donations? I wouldn't be able to host that big of a farm - small apt woes.

I just had an IDEA!!!!
BIG question.
I've got a local radio station that serves the 18-34 year old market and thay are number 1 in my area. They have a killer morning show and are really big on community involvement type things. They are always doing the blood drives and a bunch of other things.
What I'd like to know is if it would be alright to contact them and ask them to get the word out about Folding@Home. About how it's a great way to contribute and that for most people it can be put on autopilot. All the things that the research can be applied to. The fact that we all do this and the only thing in it for us is bragging rights when we do well and support when we don't. Maybe we can get them to ask for old computer part donations on air. And to put the links and software on their website. They've got a group of super-loyal listeners that they call "P-1's". (P-1 Frank, etc) which they get involved in ALL of their community support stuff.
What would be really great is if I could get them to host a borg script for user name "rodsfree".
So - What do you all think?
Would it be worth a shot? And could I get some assistance if they start getting computer part donations? I wouldn't be able to host that big of a farm - small apt woes.


