Contact Management/CRM application suggestion needed

Johnnyscans

Weaksauce
Sorry for the crosspost from general software.

As it stands at my work right now, we used Outlook over exchange to keep track of who calls and when. This works for the standard "tell x I called etc.", but not so much for the over the phone tech support. We have no problem answering basic questions for free over the phone, but when a few questions becomes a 35-40 minute hand-holding session, we need to start keeping track of where and who we're spending our time on.

Is there a software solution out there that better tracks time spent with clients (a plus if we could integrate it with Outlook), and keeps a history of what we've gone through with them.

TLDR: we need a program (preferably that integrates with Outlook) that tracks time spent with clients, and a history of activity.

You have a few, i use ConnectWise PSA

you also have office with business contact manager, or MS CRM

There is SugarCRM, and if you want it integrated with outlook you can always go to SugarCRM pro.

We use E-Synergy from Exact software. I am not overly impressed with it, especially for the money and time spent with it.

Postinig a litlte more information, JohnnyScans works for us.

We want something pretty easy to go buy, most of our stuff is recorded in Outlook. We have a SBS server to isntall stuff onto. But I don't really need anything more then something to track the client and time spent.

Say

Dumb Client 1 calls and we spend like 5 minute telling her how to restart computer. Next week Client 1 calls and we spend more time instructing how to do something with a printer. Now we are up to 30 minutes, and want to bill. I want either some kind of reminder to pop up or something that we can see we have spent 30 minutes with this user over Date 1, Date 2, etc and what we have done. I want it to mesh up with either our Public Contacts that we maintain or or Private contacts.

Dont care if its free, or not free. If its to buy dont want something overly expensive.

Are you a fellow ConnectWise user or admin?

Yeah, I'm just a user. Its multi-application integration is very handy. We have it pulling information to and from Exchange as well as pulling machine configs from Kaseya. Ticket management couldn't be easier imo.

What version are you using? Looks like they have a few programs.

I was poking around for the same type of product and found this: AutoTask Go

Literature says it seamlessly integrates with Outlook, tho we all know what that means...

Caveat: I have no direct experience with this. If time permits I may give it a shot. Seems like a good option for small shops.

Yeah, I'm just a user. Its multi-application integration is very handy. We have it pulling information to and from Exchange as well as pulling machine configs from Kaseya. Ticket management couldn't be easier imo.

Be glad your not an admin lol, the initial setup on ConnectWise is a bear, but its worth it.

What version are you using? Looks like they have a few programs.

ConnectWise 8.0 is out,

they have a mobile version for WM6. Quoteworks integration, quickbooks, project integration.

Runs on 64-bit. Integrates will, it really is a nice app

Create a Contacts public folder and share it out? It'll replicate to all other machines.
Simple solution IMO.

CommitCRM
we use it at work for the exact reason you want to. tech support calls, trouble tickets, contact management, etc. integrates with quickbooks, outloook and yahoo maps ( i think you have to purchase additional modules in order to use those features.)

http://www.commitcrm.com

We use an ancient version of Goldmine and HEAT for CRM and ticket tracking. We have it setup to do everything from licensing our proprietary software to all of our billing and accounting integration. I've gotta say that I like it, even though it's probably 4-5 years old...

Back