Contact Lenses

Balzac

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a place to buy contact lenses online (without insurance) for a great price. My eyes were recently opened (pun intended) to Zenni Optical, and I love that place. I got some glasses for $25 shipped and they work very well. Now I need to find contact lenses.

I would love to find the contact lens equivalent of zenni optical.

Any suggestions?

I would guess that they don't exist. While glasses and frames can be made generically by anyone with the right equipment, contacts cannot. They are precision designed and engineered by the manufacturers. That is why places like Lenscrafters have thousands of contacts in stock of various strengths and manufacturers while they make all glasses to order on site.

I usually just google the brand I am looking for and buy from whoever has the lowest price. I've probably ordered from a half dozen different places over the years.

I just do a Google search for the contacts I need and look for the lowest possible price.

Then I go to 1800 Contacts - Click the Online Chat or call them, tell them about the price you found and they will price match it + 2% discount. They are really helpful.

***They will also take in the cost of shipping and handling from the competitor

I usually send them links to OptiContacts.com.

I've been getting 6 months of single use contact lenses for about $75 which is a hell of a deal if you don't wear contacts all the time. Should last me more than a year.

There are a lot of online contact lens vendors. The tricky thing is getting them to accept your order if your prescription is >1 year old. I had to order from Canada last time.

There are a lot of online contact lens vendors. The tricky thing is getting them to accept your order if your prescription is >1 year old. I had to order from Canada last time.

That's because a contact prescription is only good for one year... they shouldn't accept it if it is older than a year.

That's because a contact prescription is only good for one year... they shouldn't accept it if it is older than a year.

I've been on the same prescription for 6 years. Last time I went it was 4 years before that. My vision deviates about .05 every 5 years so it's not a big deal. My opthamologist (VisionWorks) doesn't seem to care if it's out of date lol.

Also I order my contacts from 1-800contacts, I wear my 30-days for 90-days. Contacts are a rip off.

I buy my contacts in winter with my discover.

Vision Direct with
25% off "new customer"
$30 rebate
20% Discover.

I buy my contacts in winter with my discover.

Vision Direct with
25% off "new customer"
$30 rebate
20% Discover.

I've been using them for 3 years now. Been cheaper overall vs 1800Contacts and even Costco.

Back