Consumer Reports Tests iPhone 6 Bending Versus Other Phones

Thats the problem. A phone is rigid, your pants are not, they are made to bend with your body. IE... why in the hell would you put a large electronic device in your pants, front or otherwise and site down?
If someone can show that Apple has advertising of these phone depicting people putting the phones in their pockets then maybe you have an argument, if they sit down in the commercial then yes, that would be a great argument. Or documentation that shows pants pockets as acceptable storage for your iphone
Every guy I know puts their phone in their front pocket. Who the hell wears fanny packs these days? Belt clips? Maybe for a Blackberry in the 90s. Purses? Sure, if you have a vagina between your legs.

Point is simple:
1) A huge userbase should be expected to put phones in their pockets
2) No other major smartphone we are aware of has this weak point 2/3rds up the frame that bends unusually easily
3) Apple won't even admit their phones are fragile, and warn people "hey this is way more fragile than most smartphones, use caution or buy a case to reinforce the flimsy chassis" and in fact instructs their employees to tell consumers their phones don't bend.

For those saying there's only 9 complaints I am reminded of the xbox360 with the red ring of death.. didn't it take MS a while to admit issues?
Unlike antenna gate.. I don't think apple will sneak by this one.. that last video posted here looked really bad, that guy is not buff or anything, and didn't even seem to be making much effort.

I'll admit I am not an apple fan. I understand there are people that think their products are great. I get it, everyone is different and I'm all for using what works for you, you like what you like. But to defend them right now is absurd. This design is garbage, and you are somehow fine with a serious design flaw. If Motorola or samsung built a phone like this I'd be bashing the hell out them. Apple deserves every bit of it, I don't think its blown out of proportion one bit.

Thats the problem. A phone is rigid, your pants are not, they are made to bend with your body. IE... why in the hell would you put a large electronic device in your pants, front or otherwise and site down?

Yes it's a small computer, but it is a phone first. Feature phones are disappearing, and these kinds of devices are what's filling the gap. A normal/old cell phone gets used a good bit. A smart phone sees a lot more use. It should be able to take a reasonable beating (and at least be carried the way a good bit of its user base will). I know some say that this is a high end $400+ phone, an think that it deserves more care, but in 2 years the 6 will be the entry level phone like the 4S is now. It should be able to be treated like something people have on them 24 hours a day and used. That said, even as someone who doesn't generally like Apple stuff, I really like my jailbroken ip5 and would consider going to the 6 eventually, assuming it can take the stress of every day life.

I have been keeping a mobile phone in my front pocket since the day I first got my first phone, my dads old Nokia 880, a massive brick you could kill someone with if you thew it with the bigger battery on, and soon after Nokia 6110 (not navigator). Pocket is where I always kept my phones then and where I still keep my Samsung Galaxy S2 and never without problem.
Thats why the vibration mechanism exist too. Even if you cannot hear the phone you could feel it in your pants. So having a phone in your front pocket is part of normal use that the phone should be able to stand.

Now keeping a phone in your back pocket is just stupid and asking for trouble (FFS, don't sit on expensive electronics!) but phone bending in someones front pocket without something bumping it with force or such accident makes me laugh. If its really true that the iPhone 6 is bending in peoples front pockets (no prove of it but the video of guy bending it with his thumbs is really alarming) it is built like shit and the whole history of mobile phones, including smart phones, proves it.

And this is quoted from the websites appeal to Apple.

"And so we bought an iPhone 6 Plus, just to find out whether it was a singular problem or some kind of hoax. The test was quite simple, so we could easily record it on video. Just to prove that what happens is nothing but the truth."

They bought the phone. It's theirs to do what they want with. :D

And this is quoted from the websites appeal to Apple.

"And so we bought an iPhone 6 Plus, just to find out whether it was a singular problem or some kind of hoax. The test was quite simple, so we could easily record it on video. Just to prove that what happens is nothing but the truth."

They bought the phone. It's theirs to do what they want with. :D

Well, if that's the case, then Apple is up the creek without a paddle. :p

Back