Constant video driver crashes

acme64

n00b
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
13
I've got a gigabyte GTX 570
The drivers are constantly crashing whether i'm playing anything or not. and i do mean constantly.
wrKxr.jpg

(filtered view)

I noticed the gpu hits 99% and when i move the mouse it will crash. Taskman doesn't show anything because it's only gpu based. How do i see what apps are accessing my video card so i can troubleshoot this?

I do get crash dumps and they all fault Virtu, but i've upgraded it, uninstalled it, disabled it to no avail, it still does the same thing.
 
Try setting your card to max power in the NV control panel. If that doesn't fix it I would take a look at your startup apps via msconfig and see exactly what might be taxing the system.

My first instinct barring software issues is that either the video card is FUBAR or it's the PSU and I'd lean towards the PSU. What make/model PSU do you have?
 
Back
Top