Constant Shutdown

RiZZo0

Gawd
Hey guys I seem to be having alot of problems ever since i installed my new video card. Now Im not sure since my computer started to shut down with my previous 6800 right before i got rid of it but im guessing its because of my poor PSU. I have never had problems with my PSU so im not really sure if its that. Well things are hectic because im trying to get some work done and i need my computer back. This thing just keeps shuttin down maybe after 5 min and has been doin all of today but wasnt doing it at all during the past. I would maybe get about 1 shutdown here or there during the week but today its the worst ever! Luckily I was able to fire up PC Wizard and take 2 screenshots to show off my specs and show my temps. Any help would be great thanks.
Specs-
Temps-

Power Supply-
I have had that one for about a year so im guessin it might be due for a change since i know its a piece of crap! :mad:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817163018

could be a PSU, if that was my PSU i would get a new one... and i mean RIGHT NOW!!!
there is now excuse for having a PSU like that. get a Forton or a seasonic. they last.

also, is the whole PC slowing down? if so you could have a virus. Make sure you have the latst anti-virus software.

Well my pc runs at the same speed when its still on and I always do routine virus scans so i know the computer is pretty much clean. As far as the PSU Im trying to put it inside of another system and see if it still shuts down since I would consider buying one of those PSU testers but really dont feel like wasting money on one.

Appears to be your power supply, although i would give a double check on your other components and reseat everything just to be sure.

Yes, I would definitely have that Powmax psu as the prime suspect. However...I had a random shutdown issue in the past and just as I was about ready to replace the psu I noticed the shutdown occurred simultaneously with my central a/c unit kicking off. Moving my power conditioner/surge protector to an outlet on another wall cured the problem.

Back