Constant Reboot no display

I was upgrading my Ram from 16 to 32 gb and unfortunately did not have one of the dims fully seated. When I booted the machine would have the fans/lights kick on run for ~5 seconds then shut off in ~15 seconds it would come back on and repeat.

I pulled my video cars processor and ram one at a time and had the same result. I then reinstalled my old ram and the processor again same story. I pulled the Cmos battery for 10 minutes with the machine unplugged from the wall, and same result. I then swapped a different cpu into my machine and again same result.

Did i brick my motherboard? anyone have any other suggestions?

try clearing the cmos again. yank the battery, hit the power button a few times to help drain the caps, and let it sit for 5min. then try it again.
might also be a good idea to inspect the slot you had it crooked in, look for signs of damage, like discolouring or bent pins.

try clearing the cmos again. yank the battery, hit the power button a few times to help drain the caps, and let it sit for 5min. then try it again.
might also be a good idea to inspect the slot you had it crooked in, look for signs of damage, like discolouring or bent pins.
Will do thanks for the reply! I've had it unplugged the last couple of days and will repeat. I did look at the slot but the lighting/location was not Ideal hence improperly installing the dimm in the first place. Ill pull it and give it another look.

Will do thanks for the reply! I've had it unplugged the last couple of days and will repeat. I did look at the slot but the lighting/location was not Ideal hence improperly installing the dimm in the first place. Ill pull it and give it another look.
no prob and welcome to [H]!

Back