Constant 0s being entered

Had this happen once before some years ago, and I can not remember if it was a virus or a hardware issue.

The computer tries to continuously enter 0 (zeros) in any text entry area. Tried unhooking my keyboard and mouse to no avail, and I also tried rebooting into safe mode and it did the same thing there. I am running another virus scan to check but it hasn't found anything yet. ANY suggestions are appreciated while I am beating my head into the wall.

Matt

Is it occurring when you start up the system without a keyboard plugged in (mouse is fine)?

And are you getting an BIOS errors about a key held down during boot if the keyboard is plugged in?

For reference, the keyboard is a Logitech Wireless Wave, and it did not stop with an error when I rebooted into Safe Mode. As soon as the virus scan finishes, I'll check again.

I'll start entering a new password in the bios to see if there is an automatic text entry there, thats the only place I can think of off hand that requires text input in the bios.

Yes check if the issue occurs in the BIOS... if you have the same problem within the BIOS then it's hardware and if the BIOS does not have the problem then it's some type of software issue (possible virus).

If you had a multi_boot setup you would have another way to verify if it was a hardware issue or software issue.

Back