Console Headset

Eradan

[H]ard|Gawd
When I started playing Diablo 3 on the PS4 last week, the bass almost made my wife have a meltdown. We're movie nerds and she has no objections to the 5.2 setup with dual Outlaw subs cranked for movies. Gaming when she's home is no fun so I'm looking for a wireless headset to use for gaming. It seems like a lot of gaming headset are designed to connect directly to a given console.

Just wondering if anyone has been down this road and what you went with.

122039.jpg

PS4 gold headset is very affordable and actually quite good for a wireless headset. Works fine on PC/OSX as well.

The PS4 wireless headset is supposedly very good; I am using Microsoft's own headset for use with both the xbox one and the ps4. I like it because you can plug it directly into the controller so there's no long plug going directly to the console, but I find the head band hurts a bit on top of my head, and the earcups get a bit warm, but the sound quality on both consoles is very very good. It looks like in your picture that you're going to be sitting pretty far back so just make sure the cord length is enough.. Turtle Beach also makes a decent PS22 model (I think?) it has separate game and chat volume controls on the headset but is plugged into the console directly...hth

Good luck

Philip

Would like to have something that will work with both consoles through my receiver. Anyone doing anything like that?

The only one I know, that can connect to both consoles is SteelSeries H Wireless. It's pricey though. You can also try Tiamat 7.1, but Tiamat doesn't have optical port, so you need to find someway to connect console to the 3,5 MM jacks from that headset.

H Wireless work with optical sound, and can be connected to pad for voice comm (in Xbox - never tried it on PS4)
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-h-wireless

Lots of good suggestions here but why not turn the subs down? I have an 11.2 setup and if need be turning the subs down is easy if things get to much bass.

Would like to have something that will work with both consoles through my receiver. Anyone doing anything like that?

Depends on what your receiver outputs. But mostly any wireless headset will work fine. Just look through some brands, I like Sennheiser myself for all around, movies, games etc.. If you need voice chat and such then you're going to want the Astro A50 or the Steelseries depending on what you feel more comfortable with.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sennheiser wireless

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a few headsets lying around one was the Logitech G430 which is a PC headset which works with the PS4 if you use the USB plug in front of the system just watched a youtube video on it.

I have the turtle beach PX3s that I moved over from PS3. They work OK and works with multiple consoles.

The sony pulse headseat for PS4 is the best I have demoed on the system. I have been tempted to pick it up but can't justify it since mine works fine, even though I have to use the chat cable.

Lots of good suggestions here but why not turn the subs down? I have an 11.2 setup and if need be turning the subs down is easy if things get to much bass.

Because everything is calibrated/tuned for the room and I don't want to jack with the settings. It's not boomy, just percussive on the really low-end stuff. I'm going to try the recommended Sony headset.

btw... Flipping amazing movie setup. I am jelly.

It ain't bad. Like I said in the OP, wife and I are avid movie watchers and both managed local multiplex and art-house cinemas in the past. We don't mind spending a little extra to have a reasonably nice movie watching experience at home. It's really awesome for gaming, too. :)

You might want to take a look at the Astro's. I purchased an Astro A40 for both my PS4/Xbox One and it works wonders. The A50's are wireless if you are looking to go that route.

Another vote for PS4 Gold Wireless set. I bought it just thinking it would get the job done, but after I spent some time with it I am very pleased with the features and quality for the money.

Back