Can a moderator please move this to the Water Cooling forum?
I'm considering getting the BFG 280 H2O. I already have an heat sink for my CPU, so for starters it will be just the 280 in the loop. I am thinking about getting the following from newegg.
Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump Liquid Cooling System - Retail
Swiftech MCR220-QP Liquid Cooler Radiator - Retail
2 X 120mm fans. Not sure which ones yet.
Then I was thinking about getting the following from Danger Den.
Danger Den Fillport
7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing
Delrin Tee
I'll get some Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps from Lowe's.
I have some concerns about additives. Now ideally, I would like to never have to change the fluid in this thing. Is that asking for too much? And by never, I mean that it would probably be used for about 3 years before I would upgrade it. So, what kind of additives should I put in the water so that I don't have to worry about flushing the system. Also, any suggestions to my parts list are welcome.
Here are some additives from Newegg's site.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...28363&Description=water+cool&name=Accessories
Here are some from Danger Den's
http://www.dangerden.com/store/home.php?cat=11
Are any of these going to help me achieve my goal of not having to worry about flushing the system for 3 years?
Also, my main objective with this is to have no hassles, to run quiet, and to show off my water cooling project to my friends. I may try a mild overclock, but nothing big.
I have a CM Stacker 810. The PSU goes in the bottom of the case and there is a bunch of open space at the top. I was thinking about configuring the loop so that the rad is exhausting out the back of the case at the top. I would mount the pump right next to it at the top of the case. Is that a bad configuration or just a bad idea to put the pump above my motherboard? I'm a little worried about something leaking near the pump and leaking all over my motherboard, but is that very common or something I should worry about?
I'm considering getting the BFG 280 H2O. I already have an heat sink for my CPU, so for starters it will be just the 280 in the loop. I am thinking about getting the following from newegg.
Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump Liquid Cooling System - Retail
Swiftech MCR220-QP Liquid Cooler Radiator - Retail
2 X 120mm fans. Not sure which ones yet.
Then I was thinking about getting the following from Danger Den.
Danger Den Fillport
7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing
Delrin Tee
I'll get some Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps from Lowe's.
I have some concerns about additives. Now ideally, I would like to never have to change the fluid in this thing. Is that asking for too much? And by never, I mean that it would probably be used for about 3 years before I would upgrade it. So, what kind of additives should I put in the water so that I don't have to worry about flushing the system. Also, any suggestions to my parts list are welcome.
Here are some additives from Newegg's site.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...28363&Description=water+cool&name=Accessories
Here are some from Danger Den's
http://www.dangerden.com/store/home.php?cat=11
Are any of these going to help me achieve my goal of not having to worry about flushing the system for 3 years?
Also, my main objective with this is to have no hassles, to run quiet, and to show off my water cooling project to my friends. I may try a mild overclock, but nothing big.
I have a CM Stacker 810. The PSU goes in the bottom of the case and there is a bunch of open space at the top. I was thinking about configuring the loop so that the rad is exhausting out the back of the case at the top. I would mount the pump right next to it at the top of the case. Is that a bad configuration or just a bad idea to put the pump above my motherboard? I'm a little worried about something leaking near the pump and leaking all over my motherboard, but is that very common or something I should worry about?