Considering this camera - would like input

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 10, 2003
Messages
5,774
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830113096

Any alternatives in a Canon variety for the price, or a different Nikon? Not going higher than 250, as my use isn't really for anything special. 300 will be the -absolute- highest I will go, IF it truly stomps the crap out of everything else between $200 and $300.

Ok, up front hardware requirement stuff, if suggesting an alternative
- MUST have a lithium ion battery. I hate not having enough battery life for those special moments
- Some decent zoom
- well balanced for all types of photos (i.e. night time, sunny, indoors, snowing out, etc.)

I haven't touched a digital camera in at least 6 years, past taking an occasional photo for the family, but I'm not walking out of a cave here either. Either way, I'm willing to learn how to make the most of it. I am seeking a point and shoot camera, hence my selection.

What I will be taking photos of:
- Family events (mostly indoor, some outdoor)
- My car, inside, outside, and under the hood (mainly because I can. :D)
- Any mods/builds/projects I do that I feel like sharing here
- Occasional sports games my cousin is playing in (baseball primarily)
- Whatever "where's a camera when you need one?" moments and I just happen to have it on me.
 
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=15

Have a read through there about the Canon's...There's a lot of info.

Here's a couple:

Canon SD870IS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120224
That is a camera with a Wide Angle view. It would be good for your interior car pics/engine/car exterior pics.

Search the forum above for sample pics.

Canon SD1100IS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120253
Good camera here. Same, search for sample pics.
 
Ok, I've looked over both cameras and they seem to fit the bill nicely. I think the 870 is perfect for my usage.

Fortunately I've found this locally for the same price, and I may be able to luck out better at my work with my discount. Thanks.
 
Back
Top