Considering the unthinkable

notarat

2[H]4U
I'm actually considering the possibility of purchasing a pre-built for the first time since my Ti-99

I'm just having no luck finding the individual components I want to use in my build and there is a company offering the exact parts, but it's cooled with a 280mm AIO not a hardline setup.

Has anyone else considered going pre-built since the parts are so difficult to get?

Parts such as?

If a high-end video card you want, then yes, buy the prebuilt stuff, but processor you can find them, just not the overpriced crap, by this I mean, no more than what's actually needed, like an 8 core / 16 T, more than that it's pointless if your major task would be gaming, but if you're in the content creation area and absolutely need more than 8 cores? Then yes prebuilt.

If you need prebuilt? Go with one that will give you high-end parts, not the typical green run of the mill PCB, and layout with the cheap stuff. But don't go with those that will charge you just $3,000 for the tower alone and no keyboard and mouse, like my co-worker did two years ago but I helped him and with the same $2,700 he got everything and the kitchen sink included in the price, whereas the other vendor was just the plain tower, with high-quality parts but nevertheless way overpriced.

Dark Hero Mobo, 5950X, and 6900XT with several other nice features. Won't go less than 5950X to replace my 3950X. I do too much CAD/CAM work to go with less. Am tempted to wait for the new Threadrippers to be released, TBH, because I can always use more Cores/RAM/PCI Lanes

Dark Hero Mobo, 5950X, and 6900XT with several other nice features. Won't go less than 5950X to replace my 3950X. I do too much CAD/CAM work to go with less. Am tempted to wait for the new Threadrippers to be released, TBH, because I can always use more Cores/RAM/PCI Lanes

Yeah, if you need a high-end video card and can get it in a prebuilt, do it. No sense in making it a pita on yourself trying to source a video card for a brand new build when someone else can do it all for you. The new Threadrippers are thought to be TRX40 compatible if you really want to upgrade it at the end of the summer.

Where did you find a prebuilt PC with a Dark Hero motherboard? I have looked everywhere, Maingear, Velocity Micro, Puget, Ibuypower, Alienware, etc.

Back