Its $160 at microcenter, and Im going to be around there next week. Wanting a good CPU that wont cost an arm and a leg to last me for a good while. At first it will be tortured with DICE, then ran water cooled with the setup in my sig. Once I get another i7 rig again, it will be transfered over to a media center/server PC.
Going on a Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R mobo, with DDR2 1200Mhz OCZs, and a 4870. I casually game once in a while, but mostly just bench.
Does this seem to be best for me, or can someone think of something else to consider? Ive thought about Q9550, but not sure its worth the extra $70, for thats i7 territory.
Going on a Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R mobo, with DDR2 1200Mhz OCZs, and a 4870. I casually game once in a while, but mostly just bench.
Does this seem to be best for me, or can someone think of something else to consider? Ive thought about Q9550, but not sure its worth the extra $70, for thats i7 territory.