Considering dropping Vista to run XP...

dumb question but is Vista gona be around as long as XP is/was or are they gona drop it like they did ME? I haven't bought anything from M$ since ME... can you blame me? if it is around as long as XP was I think I might buy Vista x64

If you haven't bought anything since Me -- which would include the much-vaunted XP -- then you might as well stick with whatever OS you're using.

This.

The entire GUI feels so much "snappier" once you disable the animation, which, whether it's merely perception or not, improves the feel of things a lot.
This is true. Once you disable the features that make Vista Vista, it becomes fast again - like XP.

This is true. Once you disable the features that make Vista Vista, it becomes fast again - like XP.

Actually, that isn't a Vista feature. XP had the same "neat" animation that made the interface feel sluggish. Once disabled, things felt much faster.

Vista needs to be tweaked the same way XP did.

I just re-installed XP, and in addition to installing my apps, I spent some time turning off useless services and special effects. Give me the Windows Classic theme, no animations, and TweakUI for getting XP usable.

Vista gets the same treatment.

Vista needs to be tweaked the same way XP did.

I just re-installed XP, and in addition to installing my apps, I spent some time turning off useless services and special effects. Give me the Windows Classic theme, no animations, and TweakUI for getting XP usable.

Vista gets the same treatment.

This. And its already done. And vista is slow, not "sluggish".

Back