Considering a Mountain Mods case, have some questions

I've been looking for a new case for some time now, and I really like the Mountain Mods offerings. I've petty much got it narrowed down to two choices: the Ascension and the U2-UFO.

I really like the cube form factor of the U2-UFO, but I think the Ascension's added cooling capabilities would be better for me in the long run. The more radiator surface area, the better, and the Ascension allows for quite a bit more. If I'm not mistaken, the U2-UFO can only handle one triple (at least in the front), but the Ascension can handle two. I am a bit concerned about the seemingly overwhelming size of the Ascension. I could always put a triple stack in the front of the U2-UFO, but then I feel as if I'm compromising, which is not something I'd expect to do with a case as expensive as these are.

Can anyone that owns either of these cases comment on your opinions of the case, especially regarding the size of the case.

Thanks!:)

edit: I should make it clear that I am water cooling.

If I opt for the E-ATX motherboard tray, can I still use an ATX motherboard?

Last edited:
you can get replacement front and back panels to make it fit a second 120.3 pretty easily i think. here. i dont think the ascension is worth it.

you can get replacement front and back panels to make it fit a second 120.3 pretty easily i think. here. i dont think the ascension is worth it.

I was thinking the same thing. I really like the horizontal motherboard tray in the Horizon, but it doesn't seem to be available with spacing for two triple radiators in the front.

If I buy the Horizon, can I rotate the motherboard tray later, so that it's vertical like the standard cases?

I was thinking the same thing. I really like the horizontal motherboard tray in the Horizon, but it doesn't seem to be available with spacing for two triple radiators in the front.
QUOTE]

I wrote Mountain Mods regarding this same question. They replied that with the CYO duality front, you could mount a triple in one row up front and a set of fans on a second row. All you need is the horizon rear panel, run the blowholes at the bottom and run your second triple rad there.

Are you suggesting running both triples up front, or one in front and one in back?

I've seen photos of two in front, but the design I'm working on has one in front (on the top) with a row of fans underneath and a second in back under the horizontal mobo tray. I would use the top with the to or three fan blowholes as rear exhaust for the top radiator.

Back