• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Considerig buying Olympus C-8080

The Rock

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
344
Looking to upgrade from my Olympus c-3020z.
I've read a few reviews on this camera and it looks pretty good. It has all the features I want. Does anyone have any experience using this camera or reccomend an alternative? The other camera I was considering was the Canon G6.
 
The Rock said:
Looking to upgrade from my Olympus c-3020z.
I've read a few reviews on this camera and it looks pretty good. It has all the features I want. Does anyone have any experience using this camera or reccomend an alternative? The other camera I was considering was the Canon G6.

i looked at one very closely last year when i was shopping. It's a very nice camera that produces spectacular images. However a couple things turned me off. the zoom range is kind of short (5x) and i'm not a fan of electronic zooms, they're much slower. I ended up getting a Konica-Minolta A2 (NOT the A200). I love it, it has a mechanizally linked zoom and every possible bell and whistle you could imagine. Still, the C-8080 was a close second because of the really nice image quality (which is probably becaue of the shorter zoom).
 
Back
Top