Consider some Help

C McCarter

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I am in the market for a new PSU because when I installed my 8800GT SC it was too much with everything eles in my case. My specs are in my sig. Beyond that I have two DVD RW drives and I plan on overclocking my 4600+ and am running all of this in a Silverstone TJ-01 Mid Tower Case. I am looking at 850W units incase I get a new MoBo and go SLI, but am open to 750W suggestions. So my question is which PSUs should I be looking at? Thanks

Colin

I see no Sig, and I would look at sales being offered on Newegg right now. Fortron,Corsair,PC&C. Just look for the deals and read the reviews, then go see what kind of review johnny guru gave the PSU.

One more question...well two really. What about "thermalright toughpower"? and is 850W a better choice over 750W?

Colin

Take a look at the PCP&C Silencer 750W. I have one and it works great, keeps my rig nice and stable. It doesn't have modular cables though.

One more question...well two really. What about "thermalright toughpower"? and is 850W a better choice over 750W?

I have the 750W modular Toughpower and like it a lot. :) Should be more than enough power for SLI (except maybe GX2 Quad-SLI). It's almost identical to the Corsair 750TX except its modularity BTW, so if you look for reviews on that it should be relevant too. They're both based off the same CWT build. (Very few power supply companies make their own; they almost all farm out to OEM's to do the actual building.)

Back