Consensus on the Samsung SyncMaster 710N LCD for gaming?

neoreturns

[H]ard|Gawd
You can get them from Dell for about $360 now after a coupon. I'm wondering what you guys think about these for gaming? They have a 12ms response time and I've been in the market for a 17" LCD recently.

Best Buy does have them on display but they run the crappy screensavers and have fingerprints all over them, so I have no idea what the quality actually is like.

Wondering what the people over here thought about them? Going to be used through DVI and I play mostly first person shooters. Thanks

710N is analog only..

beside the butt ugly stand its excellent for gaming..

equal to the 710T and 172X

:(

Will analog make a big difference between DVI? The only LCD I have is on my laptop

no...not at 1280X1024..

at higher resolutions.. DVI helps clean up the signal over analog..

at 1920X1200 DVI made a huge difference in picture quality over analog on my X800XT:pE on my HP L2335

I see virtually no difference in picture quality between DVI and Analog on my 2 172X's that are connected to a PCI 9200 with DVI/DB-15

But neither DVI or Analog will make games play any better or worse your pixel refresh is the exact same.

Are the colors more vivid or clearer defined with DVI? Or am I thinking of something else?

Color accuracy might improve somewhat, but it's sharpness that really benefits. Everything's perfectly focused, with no need to adjust the monitor - just set your brightness and contrast, and off you go.

Ok I might just hold off on this for now. As I need this LCD to last me till I graduate (3 years)

Back