Conroe Upgrade

jcll2002

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
3,655
I'm going to upgrade from my sig to c2d...

e6600 ~$320
p5b-deluxe wifi/ap ~$200
crucial 10th anniversary 2gb ram -$230

would you reccommend anything different for the price? I'm watercooled, and i dont know if i should save my money and just go with an e6400. what do you think?
 
Definatly save money, u can push the 6400 above the 6600 with watercooling, and that mobo,and memory.
 
Go e6400, they're better with P965 boards like the P5B-Deluxe you got, OC wise.
 
I definitely agree with everyone here. Go with either the E6300 or E6400. The extra 2mb cache on the E6600 only provides for an insignificant difference.
 
heres the deal-

I can get an e6600 for $300 shipped.
or i can get the e6400 for $240 shipped.

$60 is not worth the 9x multi, the higher clock (will be ocing anyway) or the 4mb cache?

I cant find anywhere good to buy from that doesnt charge cali tax
 
jcll2002 said:
heres the deal-

I can get an e6600 for $300 shipped.
or i can get the e6400 for $240 shipped.

$60 is not worth the 9x multi, the higher clock (will be ocing anyway) or the 4mb cache?

I cant find anywhere good to buy from that doesnt charge cali tax

Found this on Pricewatch:
$225 + $5 shipping
They're in Florida so you should be ok with taxes:

http://www.pcdirectsource.com/Item.cfm?ID=1995
 
Back
Top