Conroe MB...where?

blacklotus

n00b
So where are the boards? How long is that wait, days or months? Are the Matx boards usually come out late?

I'm gonna guess mid-late September before we start seeing them ..... just the way mATX works.

I would LOVE to be pleasantly surprised though.

Haha, don't expect video performance either. A 7900GT will probably eat all of the bandwidth on that PCI-E 4x slot with ease.

I got a hookup from a friend, I may be getting this mobo soon: http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dq965gf/index.htm
I'll keep you updated. I am not affiliated with Intel though, so I will probably have to wait for the official ship date of everything.

Look like some nice caps and a heatsink on that one... I figured the same thing about an intel board, but what do they typically offer for OC options? Anything?

Those Intel boards look really nice, too bad we don't know the ship date yet. I heard Intel boards, although limited on their oc capabilities, are really reliable and stable. Damn the regular ATX boards so expensive! :(

Intel boards are the most reliable and stable boards, that is why most big companies will ONLY use them. There needs to be more Conroe boards, the selection is WAY too limited. We should petition eVGA to make mATX Conroe SLI :D

Stability has more to do with heat and voltage than anything else. I'm sure this HP/Compaq work computer I am on has an intel board, but with the smokey Prescott in it still seems to crash every other day while I am at home. Now take the laptop HP/Compaq I have sitting right next to it with a P-M. I don’t think it has ever crashed!

Probably has to do with the fact that my office turns off the air after I leave. I just ran CPU-Z on this work comp and found the 3.2GHz is downclocked to 2.8GHz at a 14x multi. Wonder if my company knew, I know the IT guys were clueless… Sounds like maybe a bios issue from this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41163

anyway, intel used to always lose those intel vs AMD uptime contests on THG. Funny, because Tom would always explain it away as some other component. :p

ToastMaster said:
This would be nice:

Intel DG965OT

if only for the blue PCB :p
I think I will buy this one. You can already pre-order this board and other Intel mATX boards in a Dutch shop. They say they can have it in stock within 1 to 10 days. Although their webpage is saying that for almost a week.

Does anybody know if it is possible to select a higher Vdimm (up tot 2,2V??) with these Intel boards?

I m an AMD fan boy but i guess the power from the dark side really caught me this time. Rushed out and ordered the

E6300
DG965OT
2gig OCZ Gold XTC pc2-6400
MSI NX7600GT-VT2D256E HD
Antec Fusion w/ 430W power
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 16MB :D

I guess I am not that hardcore and wouldn't overclock it much

IF (big if) you are asking me then i say i don't. I live in a tax ridden country near by called Canada.

I ordered it from NCIX.com. Now I really have a big problem since the motherboard only supports like 1.8v DIMM. I would really have find some weird memory that uses this low voltage and still runs 800mhz. I hvn't recieved it yet but now I might be asking for trouble.
Anyone got a solution? I'm really annoyed right now since I really duno if i should cancel my order.

Back