Conroe-L Celerons Will Have 35W TDP

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Chinese language website HKEPC has posted a slide from an Intel roadmap that says Conroe-L based Celerons will have a TDP of only 35W.

Intel just announced the power consumption specification for those processors upcoming in 2007. Noted that the next-generation value Conroe-L is all at 35W TDP only, 30W lesser than the previous Cedar Mill deviated from Netburst architecture.

Hmm, this is good news. Whenever they reduce the power consumption of a piece of hardware, I can just feel my wallet get fatter :D

I can't quite make out what the 65W part is. Does that say Dualcore inside? And is that still going to be based off Cedarmill or will it be a Conroe-L part? Is the Conroe-L to be dual core? If so those are pretty sweet TDP numbers. Also kudos to going back to using just plain Pentium for the name :rolleyes: that won't cause confusion in consumers when they see Pentium 4 parts sitting next to it. Are they planning on having netburst architecture parts remain in the pipeline in coming years as value parts for old motherboards? If not then I really don't see the purpose of "renaming" the product, maybe people have been buying Pentium 4 over Core 2 cuz 4 is biggar than 2 and this will stop that.

Wow... I wonder what the voltage will be to run thus. Could it be BELOW 1?!?! That would RULE. People are running their conroes at like 1.1 to 1.2 and shit....

I bet that has some absurd OC's in it....

Call me crazy, but this is not really a reduction in power consumption...it's just one of the 4 cores from the qx6700, that consumed 140w, so 140/4=35....right?

Back