conroe e6600 users ---- how fast can you guys rip and encode?

i was testing my e6600 vs my 4400x2 and they pretty much come to par when burning a dvd. well my 4400 is overclocked and i havent overclocked the e6600 yet but do you guys think it makes a difference wheni t comes down to the encoding portion?

can any of you guys tell me how fast can you guys rip, encode and burn?

It makes sense that your stock e6600 is at par with an overclocked 4400+. If you want to compare burning/encoding speeds you have to set some constants, eg. Burning program, operating system, DVD size, compression, etc...

Yeah asking what others peoples speeds are for things like that, is going to be a difficult task.

Also, im not sure why you asked about ripping and burning speeds.... Burning speed depends on the dvd burner speed and the media speed............Ripping depends on the dvdrom ripp speed as well, not cpu. Not exactly sure why you thought that was CPU related.

Encoding of course is all CPU. So you are right in that account.

Im sure you guys arnt experienced enough but id love to see you guys try a program called CCE(cinema craft encoder) and tell me speeds you guys get. :p Curious how it compares to this AMD system im on right now. :) Although, that is kind of asking too much since you have to ripp a dvd and know how to make a avisynth and dvd2avi file lol. Perhaps there is someone around who knows what im talking about.

I dont have a C2D rigg set up yet, but ive been curious how CCE will do with a new intel core2duo system im putting together in the near future.

Back