Conroe Deleyed?

It's gotten it's launch date bumped up...so it'd look pretty bad to delay it now.

However, avaliability is a different story.

I heard july 27th. That only puts it a few days behind schedule. I agree availability will be limited. There will be a handfull of people in this forum and others that manage to get them, but for most of us they wont be easy to get.

Vlad_13 said:
I read in some articles that Conroe is being delayed till September.
Is this true?

I still believe to this article tho
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/06/10/conroe_not_late/

I need that E6600 Intel!, I need it, if I'm not gona get one in July I'm gona go mad angry, like very mad and super angry!

Earlier this week, we reported that Conroe might be delayed until September for various reasons of marketeering. There were plenty of rumours around Taipei to this effect.

We are rather happy to report that it seems no such delay exists. We were contacted by an Intel rep who told us, in no uncertain terms, that our story was wrong. Conroe is still on course to ship at the end of July - so start saving up your pennies, boys and girls. We're expecting the final chips to land on our doorstep at any minute and boy, if we aren't going to be benchmarking our lives away for the next week.

When the NDA is lifted, there'll be plenty for sale=P

isn't this WAYYYY old news that was fake. good god, just wait the last 3 weeks and see for yourself what perticipates.

drizzt81 said:
isn't this WAYYYY old news that was fake. good god, just wait the last 3 weeks and see for yourself what perticipates.

Yup!

Vlad_13 said:
I read in some articles that Conroe is being delayed till September.
Is this true?

I still believe to this article tho
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/06/10/conroe_not_late/

I need that E6600 Intel!, I need it, if I'm not gona get one in July I'm gona go mad angry, like very mad and super angry!

Why do you need it so bad?
It will be a nice little boost over current systems, but it's not like you will be stepping up to Holo-Deck technology!
Perhaps you should seek counseling for hardware addiction!

^ i can't wait til it comes out because then i get to upgrade, from a amd 3000 +, crappy 200 watt psu, 80 gb hd, geforce 5600, and other bad stuff

lilweirddude said:
is availability going to be that big of an issue?
because i never considered it until now

Intel says "no" but it's one of those things that we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I want one, but I'm going to wait a few months before trying to get one so I'm going with a P-D 950 until Conroe's proven itself en masse.

well. Intel's got the production yield to say no, they won't have a problem. I trust intel on that. Hell, they moved the release date up, so it's not our right to complain even if they hold for another 6 days. Still earlier than Q4.

StealthyFish said:
well. Intel's got the production yield to say no, they won't have a problem. I trust intel on that. Hell, they moved the release date up, so it's not our right to complain even if they hold for another 6 days. Still earlier than Q4.

I wasn't saying not to trust Intel, but just that no matter how much someone prepares for something, shit happens. Although it's kinda late in the game, Intel still could come across a show stopper between now and release date.

By the way, what is the current release date for Core 2, I've heard it was 7/23 and then 7/27..

thats prolly why Intel got on there and made them close the threads and the guys stopp selling them. I know it didnt stop some of them. :)

I wish that it was the 27 so these threads would go away. Kinda like the rumor I am starting now anout K8L being delayed until 2009

German Muscle said:
thats prolly why Intel got on there and made them close the threads and the guys stopp selling them. I know it didnt stop some of them. :)

Yup!

$BangforThe$ said:
I wish that it was the 27 so these threads would go away. Kinda like the rumor I am starting now anout K8L being delayed until 2009

Depends on what you call the K8L? Here's a juicy one, Jan 07 Kentfield Quadcore and Conroe-L Core 2 Solo will launch :)

German Muscle said:
they dont give a shit about benchmarking they actually prolly want the benchmarks out there cause it creates attn and hype to go out and buy the chips ASAP. They only got on there about the selling and trading of the chips.

Man your funny . The PM's are fling back and forth on that site .Like there isn't a tomorrow

German Muscle said:
they dont give a shit about benchmarking they actually prolly want the benchmarks out there cause it creates attn and hype to go out and buy the chips ASAP. They only got on there about the selling and trading of the chips.

Man your funny . The PM's are fling back and forth on that site .Like there isn't a tomorrow

At the close

AMD up 18cents @ $24.60

Intel up 36cents @ $19.36

$BangforThe$ said:
i guess i am funny, i dont even know what thell your talking about.

coldpower27 said:
July 27th isn't exactly too late.
Gateway will have "orderable" configurations on their website between 2 and 4AM on the 28th of this month. I also know that there will be physical product on the retail shelves when it comes to OEM computers on the 28th.

also remember how many places there are to get these of course

Frys,compusa,circuitcity,bestbuy,etc....
and online, newegg,zipzoomfly,mwave,tigerdirect, etc...
many places to find them
though may be overpriced
i think they`ll have enough of them
but if anything

preorder preorder PREORDER as soon as they go on preorder;)

Superman Returns is already out...but I read the article and it referenced that Imax release...so I'm calling no.

Back