Conputer Turning on and off

So my motherboard is acting up when I plug a keyboard or mouse in the backside of the motherboard io. It could be plugged into any of the USB and the computer will turn on and off. Funny thing is, if I plug it after it boots up in the back io, the computer is fine, but if I restart the computer or turn it off, it will turn on and off again. Now, if I plug the keyboard or mouse in the front io, the computer wont act up.
So my question is why does it do that. I just updated to latest bios and installed the USB 3.0 drivers, but am unable to install choose driver. What's the deal with my computer. Any help would be appreciated.
My build
Mobo: Asus maximus impact vi
CPU: 4770k

make sure wake on mouse/keyboard is disabled in the bios and test/replace you battery. if you moved to mobo to a different case make sure there are no tabs front he io shield shorting out the usb ports.

Had similar thing happen. Ended up having to reinstall win 10 to fix it. Which is an extreme case for me. First thing I'd try is uninstalling all usb stuff in the device manager.

Can try a different mouse and keyboard. Also check for BIOS updates for Motherboard.

It sounds like it's hardware related, could be keyboard or mouse causing a short, causing the computer to shut down

definitely a Gremlin problem ... they look like this :
latest

Back