Connection Problem w/ Empire Earth II

bordes

Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
596
Hey guys, I have a problem with the new game Empire Earth II. After about 4-8 minutes into the game my cable modem will lose complete connection to the internet, & everything else. The lights on the modem all go off. My friend is having the same problem who lives about ten minutes away and I think he has a different modem. I've called Tech support but the best they could do is advise me to turn off a firewall, go figure. I meet the requirements for the game and I'm on broadband cable. My OS is windows xp home, any suggestions?

PS: Is it a possibilty our modems are too old and cannot receive the packets fast enough? The modem is a Surfboard SB3100.

- Josh


edit: (yes the patch is installed)
 
This has to be the cable company man. I know in Irving, Texas Verizon got some new Juniper servers that somehow lose default gateways so me and my friends all lose internet connection at the same time, and everything else. It happens alot less now (maybe once a week), but it does still happen.
 
Vildayyan2003 said:
This has to be the cable company man. I know in Irving, Texas Verizon got some new Juniper servers that somehow lose default gateways so me and my friends all lose internet connection at the same time, and everything else. It happens alot less now (maybe once a week), but it does still happen.


I called the cable company, they offered no help. they said it was the game. blah :confused:

the only thing i can think of is buy a new modem but i dont want to drop 80 bucks unless i know for its going to work.
 
Back
Top